Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Use this Category for your support questions about Virtuemart Template - PureMart (SKU# FLEX-00010)

TOPIC: Tax total not showing

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2842

Hi,

I was looking forward to the solution to this topic "Problem with cart no tax net crossed out", but it was marked solved without saying how it was solved.

www.flexiblewebdesign.com/forum-virtuemart-2-template-puremart-support/669-problem-with-cart-no-tax-net-crossed-out

I got rid of the "net crossed out" by unticking "configuration" -> "pricing" -> "Salesprice without tax".

I can't get the total tax to display. In "configuration"-> "pricing" I have ticked "Show tax in cart" and "show prices".

Any clues? The site is babynose.com.au

Regards,
Mr BabyNose
The topic has been locked.

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2843

Hi,

I should add that I have changed "tax" to "GST" in the language file.

I also don't want to show the tax in the main shop on products, but need to or else it does not show in the checkout cart.

I thought ticking "Price configuration" -> "Show Tax in Cart" would have been enough to show it in the cart.

I thought the "tax" in "Show Following Prices" was only for the main shop and not the checkout page.

Regards,
Mr BabyNose

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2848

Hi BN,

Have PM'd the boss who fixed the topic you mention.. he will answer as soon as he arrives online - he's on US Pacific time..

Stay tuned,

Cheers,

Admin

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2874

Hi, Mr. Babynose.

As far as i understood.

- You want to show the TAX+included prices in the website,
- You want to hide TAX amount (below the TAX-included Price) in the website
- Show the TAX only in the shopping cart

If any of those abore is wrong, please let me know. If all of them are correct and what you want then i ran some TEST in our TEST server and figured out that, one thing is missing in our VM Template. You found a bug, and here is your patch.

Open this PHP file:
ROOT/templates/<yourjoomlatemplate>/html/com_virtuemart/cart/default_pricelist.php

Find these lines (around 423th)
<?php if ( VmConfig::get('show_tax')) { ?>
	<td align="right"><?php echo "<span  class='priceColor2'>" . $this->currencyDisplay->createPriceDiv ('taxAmount', '', $this->cart->pricesUnformatted, FALSE) . "</span>" ?></td>
<?php } ?>

and replace them with these:
<?php if ( VmConfig::get('show_tax')) { ?>
	<td align="right"> <?php echo "<span  class='priceColor2'>" . $this->currencyDisplay->createPriceDiv ('billTaxAmount', '', $this->cart->pricesUnformatted['billTaxAmount'], FALSE) . "</span>" ?> </td>
<?php } ?>

So the result will be like this:

Attachment Pasted_Image_3_5_13_10_25_AM.gif not found

Regards.
Forum Support.
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Support.

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2883

Hi,

In Australia we gave 10% GST tax. If I have an $11.00 product that is really $10.00+$1.00GST I just want to show $11.00

- So in the main shop I only want to display the full price $11.00
- In the shopping cart I want to show the tax component and full price.
Product prices result Tax = $1.00 Total = $11.00

My AusPost shipping module is correctly showing the tax and main price amount.

The total tax is not being calculated (adding up the product and postage) and displayed at the bottom.

I have attached a couple of screen shots of what I currently have.

Regards,
Mr BabyNose
Attachments:

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2903

Sorry - totally confused.

Your screenshot to me looks correct...
product - 10 + 1 tax = 11
ship - 6 + .6 tax = 6.6
total 17.60
tax 1.60

That's what your screen shows?

Or am I not understanding what you want?

Cheers,

Admin

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2906

Hi,

The product screen shot is showing "GST:$1.00" but I want to hide that in the product page because it is confusing..

I only want to show the GST/tax on the cart/invoice.

The second screen shot does not add up the total tax. It does not put the $1.60 total at the bottom.

Regards,
Mr BabyNose

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2919

Hi,
I have now spent hours looking over templates\TEMPLATE_NAME\html\com_virtuemart\cart\default_pricelist.php

Can you please confirm

if line 424 should end as
$this->cart->pricesUnformatted,         false)."</span>"      ?></td>
or
$this->cart->pricesUnformatted['taxAmount'],false)."</span>"   ;   ?></td>

if at line 427 should end as
$this->cart->pricesUnformatted,             false)."</span>"     ?></td>
or
$this->cart->pricesUnformatted['discountAmount'],false)."</span>"   ;   ?></td>

if at line 428 should end as
$this->cart->pricesUnformatted,           false)    ?></td>
or
$this->cart->pricesUnformatted['salesPrice'],false)   ;   ?></td>

Should lines 594 and 596 contain
style='display:none;'
I think this bit is causing the total tax to be hidden.

Should lines 594 and 596 end in
"</span>"       ?> </td>
or
"</span>"   ;  ?> </td>

I can see that some of this code was copied from components\com_virtuemart\views\cart\tmpl\default_pricelist.php and has these same syntax issues.

I don't know enough about php or the VirtueMart code structure to work this out myself.

Regards,
Mr BabyNose
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Mr BabyNose. Reason: Added the code tag

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2923

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with the Price calculation in your website. Keep this in mind;

Subtotal = only the product price
TOTAL = product price + TAX

In the shopping cart, it only shows TOTAL at the last row just to avoid confusion. If it was the other way around (if the TAX would be printed in the last row), buyers would think, the real total is TAX+TOTAL which is not correct, this is why in the last row only the TOTAL is shown, because this the final price, nothing will be added to it. Buyers usually don't care about the above rows, they look at the last row and see the price, because this will be the price that they are going to pay. Showing them extra values in the last row would just confuse them. Trust me. This is a better way to show prices in the shopping cart.

Attachment Pasted_Image_3_6_13_10_54_PM.gif not found

See the screenshot.

Attachment Pasted_Image_3_6_13_10_41_PM.gif not found

To hide the TAX from your entire website,

Attachment Pasted_Image_3_6_13_10_50_PM.gif not found

Regards.
Forum Support.
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Support.

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2926

Hi,

Yes I agree the tax calculations are all correct, but the problem is hiding and displaying the tax in different spots.

I can see clearly now that "Price Configuration->"Show Tax in cart" needs to be ticked to see any tax figures on the shopping cart and invoice generated for the buyer.

I can clearly see that "Show Following Prices"->"Tax Amount" needs to be ticked if I want to show the tax for "Product prices result" in the cart.

So it appears that if I want to hide the tax in the main shop (in category views and product detail views) I will need to add a style='display:none;' in all those relevant template files for 'taxAmount'. And I can leave the "total tax" blank (to not confuse buyers) by keeping the style='display:none;' on line 594 of templates\TEMPLATE_NAME\html\com_virtuemart\cart\default_pricelist.php.

Regards,
Mr BabyNose
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Mr BabyNose. Reason: add signature

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2927

Hi - I see your now not showing the tax on the product page and the cart is as we explained..

Can I mark this thread closed?

Cheers

Admin

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2933

Hi,

Yes close the topic. I now understand that the tax total is blanked out on purpose and now know how to put it back if I want.

I decided to just comment out all the "taxAmount" lines in the PureMart template files.

Cheers,
Mr BabyNose

Tax total not showing 11 years 1 month ago #2934

Hi,

Commenting out all the "TaxAmount" PHP line (in category and product details PHP files) by simply adding // at the beginning of all PHP lines would also work.

Do whatever would work for you and you feel more comfortable. Virtuemart is very open to any kind of customization, in PureMart we try to make things that work in all situations, but you know there are so many different variations. So the better is making some little customization by yourself until you get the best for your case.

Case solved. Topic is closed.

Regards.
Forum Support
Time to create page: 0.611 seconds

MaterialMart

for Virtuemart 3

Google's Material Design has finally arrived to Virtuemart

Virtumart Template - MaterialMart Virtumart Template - CleanMart Virtumart Template - CleanMart Virtumart Template - CleanMart

Fully responsive!

Buy Now   |   Live Demo