Virtuemart 2 has finally released couple days ago.
Unlike Virtuemart 1.1.x, Virtuemart 2.0 doesn’t use theme concept, it uses standard com_virtuemart/views/ folder where all template files are inside. So every specific front-end page is located in /views/ folder, for example; if you want to make some changes on product details page, you should edit: com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/temp/[yourowntemplatefile].php
This might confuse some people, obviously it used to be easier before. All you have to do was finding a theme package, upload the whole package to /theme/ folder and choosing that specific theme from virtuemart configuration window. That was it. Your default Virtuemart theme would never be touched, you would have changed it back to default any time you would like. Things are different now, and little bit complicated.
There isn’t any officially released theme for Virtuemart v2 yet (neither non-commercial nor commercial), and as you all guess Default Virtuemart Theme still looks ugly and 15 years old which is normal, the guys have done what they were suppose to, they gave built the structure and the visuality is up to customers and developers. Flexible Web Design Team hopefully will be the first one releasing the very first Virtuemart 2 Theme
Flexible Web Design has released an awesome theme for Virtuemart 1.1.x already, let me give some details about it in case people are still want to stick with Virtuemart 1.1.x,
We have called theme FlexibleMart, because believe or not, it is changing your Virtuemart COMPLETELY. Because it is not just a theme, it is FlexibleMart
IT COMES WITH:
- 4 Browse page template
- 3 Product Detail page template
- Zoom Effect Extension on product detail page with 2 different zoom type (this extension is sold for $30, and it is included to theme)
- Fancy Checkout Steps Page Template
- Fancy Virtuemart Login Page Template
- Unique buttons which are created by CSS3 and easily customized to your specific needs by simple CSS touches.
- Additional Images switch function on Browse Page (which is sold in flexiblewebdesign.com for $10, and it is included to theme)
If you would like the check out the DEMO website; please browse: Virtuemart Theme (FlexibleMart) – DEMO
If you would like to buy it with very affordable price, browse: Virtuemart Theme (FlexibleMart) – BUY NOW !
Leave a comment